Tuesday, February 2, 2010

CBS

I'm a bit frustrated with CBS at the moment. To be honest, I've never been a huge fan of the network, but an organization loses sight of their purpose, I lose respect for them. Yes, of course, I'm talking about the fallout with the Tim Tebow ad and the gay dating service ad. CBS has claimed in the past that they won't air political commercials and I'm damn content with that policy. I don't know if it is a political statement to have two guys making out on TV or not or if Tim Tebow's ad qualifies as "political," but I'm quite sure that I don't care. I don't watch the Super Bowl to listen to political or social commentary on the current status of societal ethics and morality. There's a place for that, and it sure isn't the Super Bowl. You've aired dozens of ads in recent years that don't hold up to Super Bowl commercial standards, CBS, and if this is your plan to detract attention from that simple fact, you haven't succeeded yet.

No comments: